Telephone : 075-905-60012

Email - vic@vicbarlow.com

 

Dog Training and Breeders

Macclesfield, Cheshire

 The Dangers of Chocolate

 

At this time of year well meaning (or drunk) visitors tend to slip treats to dogs as a way of showing their friendship. 
  
Whilst the odd bickie under the table may not do too much damage CHOCOLATE will. 
  
The dangerous component in chocolate is cocoa which is metabolised into CAFFEINE which is deadly to dogs. 
  
I recently read of two dogs who were found dead after consuming a full tin of drinking chocolate. 
  
Please keep chocolates (and drunk visitors) well away from your dog. If in doubt give all your chocolates to Wendy who will dispose of them in a dog friendly manner.! 
  
Seriously though, do not leave chocolate anywhere near your dog. Big boxes of chocs left under the Christmas tree are not a good idea. 
  
Have a wonderfully happy and healthy Christmas